Those of you who have worked with me know that I often talk about the Triple Warmer Meridian. This is one of the energy lines of the body that regulates our fight or flight response. It serves as the inner warrior that is always watching out for danger and prepared to call in the troops should a challenge arise.
In the days of our ancestors, most of the threats we faced came in the form of physical attacks. Should such a physical challenge arise, the triple warmer system would release the hormones and prepare the body for a big physical exertion, either to run or fight. These days, most of our threats are emotional or are of things that aren’t happening directly to us. This means that our inner warrior is running around trying to protect us when there is nothing to fight and no where to run! When this happens, we are essentially putting a cap on a volcano. All that has been geared up gets no outlet and virtually implodes inside of us.
This last week, the Triple Warmer went off the charts for a lot of people. I had more calls about people feeling suicidal or having huge blowups with loved ones then I think I have ever had at one time. So what happened?
Take a look at what has been going on lately. There has been one natural or man-made disaster after another. We are bombarded with tales of suffering, political upheaval, and unfolding disaster daily. Then add in our normal everyday challenges and you have a recipe for Triple Warmer Overload! When that happens, our ability to reason or be objective goes out the window. It makes us feel that everything is out of control and we are in terrible danger. This often leads to frustration with loved ones because we are looking to them to help us feel safe again, when often they are in the midst of fear themselves.
So what can we do about this? Below are some suggestions to help step out of the state of high alert, so we can get back to inner stability and peace. From this place, we are much better able to help others, without crashing and burning ourselves.
1. Breathe – There are two ways to clear the hormones that cause the fight or flight response and deep, slow breaths are one of them. When we are afraid, we start to breathe very shallow and quick. Consciously focus on expanding your lungs to their full capacity, pause, and then do a long, slow exhale from the mouth. Even a few deep breaths can settle your system.
2. Move – When the Triple Warmer gets out of whack, we are often in situations where we can’t move, yet moving is the second way we can clear the hormones that are causing the fight or flight response. If you are in a car, try doing some simple exercises. Grip the steering wheel and hold for 30 seconds and then relax your grip for 30 seconds. Tighten and release different muscle groups. Use one hand to do tapping (emotional freedom technique). If you are somewhere you can move, do some push ups, go for a walk, do some yoga or any exercise that keeps you moving.
3. Laugh – Laughter can quickly calm your system, yet when we are afraid it is often difficult to find anything funny. One thing I have found helpful is to keep repeating “I laugh, I laugh, I laugh” over and over to myself. Even just saying that seems to shift my energy and helps me relax. If you can find something funny to watch or remember something that happened that was really funny, that is even better!
4. Stay Close to the Earth – Nature is our number one ally for keeping our nervous system balanced. When we are out with trees and plants in natural places, our nervous system begins to sync with the vibration of the natural world. This is our optional vibration as well and can provide deep healing. Sitting on the ground, walking barefoot, leaning against a tree are all easy ways to get out of fight or flight. A good metaphor to think of is about being out in a storm. If the wind is blowing fiercely, you don’t want to be up in the tree! You are much safer staying close to the earth. Right now, we need to stay grounded to keep from losing our balance. A daily walk in nature is a great way to take good care of yourself.
5. Be present – It is wonderful how we are able to be connected with people all over the world, but it is also part of the reason we get overloaded sometimes. While we can have great compassion for the suffering of others, we can’t carry their challenges or solve them. For example, those of us in Ohio aren’t able to be helping to fight fires in California right now. We aren’t there and there is no fire to fight where we are. That is why being mindful of what you are exposing yourself too through the media is an important step to calming the Triple Warmer. Imagine you have a young child inside you that is scared. The last thing you would do is start telling them about all the dangerous things that could happen to them! We need to do the same for ourselves. Be present where you are and see where you are as safe and affirm that all is well. Fill yourself with peace. Ask the Angels to help where you aren’t able to and then come back to what is present for you in this moment.
6. Energy Techniques – There are many great energy techniques out there that can help to settle your nervous system and calm the Triple Warmer. You can have a session with a practitioner of reflexology, polarity therapy, Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu, BodyTalk, massage, or Cranial Sacral Therapy, just to mention a few. All of these techniques can be very helpful to settle your system. There is also a technique called Energy Medicine created by Donna Eden. I am a huge fan of this system, as it offers many simple things you can do on your own. Below is a link to a You Tube video sharing some of the best ways to calm the Triple Warmer Meridian:
For a list of my favorite practitioners, visit the Gratitude Directory on my sister site: Spirit Earth
I’m also happy to help with an empowerment reading or energy session!
I hope this helps you to find some peace during this time of transformation.
With the super moon and election stress, it felt like a good time to share some uplifting messages and tools! See below to learn more:
Earth Wisdom Circle
Sign up by Thursday (11/17) – Recording will be shared on Friday (11/18)
This is a recorded reading for a small group. The recording will help you connect to the calm, peaceful energy of the Bison to empower your own abundance. Each participant will receive an individual reading on a question connected to abundance. The recording will also include an intuitive message for the group as a whole, energy balancing, and an intention setting exercise connected to manifesting abundance. The individual messages will be done anonymously (you’ll be told what number you are when you receive the recording) and the intention will be set that all the messages have gifts for everyone listening. Love Exchange: $25 Use the Pay Pal link to register: Earth Wisdom Circle – $25
A Message from the Spirit of the Bison on Abundance:
We have been working with Bison medicine this month on Spirit Earth and we shared an intuitive message on how the spirit of the Bison can help us to experience abundance. You can read the message here: Bison Medicine and Abundance
Energy Balancing Meditation with the Archangels
I was guided to create a recording sharing one of my favorite energy cleansing and balancing meditations working with the Archangels. This is approximately 15 minutes long and will clear the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual bodies to restore balance to the whole system. I hope you find it helpful!
You can listen to the recording here: Archangel Meditation
Sending love and hugs to all!
Anyone else feeling exhausted from all these energetic shifts and changes? I knew we were going to be processing some big stuff with the ascension experience, but I guess I was hoping it would be a little easier on the physical side of things!
This morning (which actually felt like the middle of the night since it was 3 AM!), my Spiritual Support Team walked me through a process to help cleanse my system and bring in supportive energy to restore some balance. It really brought some relief, so I feel called to share the technique with all of you! Details are below if this resonates…
Ascension Symptoms Relief Call
When? Thursday 2/26 at 6:30 PM EST (approximately one hour)
Where? Conference Call Line (I’ll send you the number when you register). This call will be recorded and the downloadable link will be shared for those who register but are unable to join the call live.
What to Expect? I’m going to lead you through the guided meditation/healing I experienced last night. We will be working with the Angels, Spirit Guides, and Mother Earth to cleanse, balance, and infuse fresh energy into every system in our beings. After the healing meditation, I’ll do some mini-readings for those on the call live.
Love Exchange? $10/person
Use this PayPal Link to Register (you can use a credit card or withdrawal from your checking account through PayPal): $10 Ascension Relief Admission
Love and hugs to all!
Sanctuary at the Crossroads Holistic Network invites you to…
Conversations & Co Books – Gifts- Accessories
What to Expect…
Discover your spiritual power to create from love! Your journey will begin with the question, “What quality would I love to see blossom in me this spring? Would you like to be more joyful, prosperous, successful, or fulfilled? Or maybe you would like to be more peaceful, intuitive, healthy or inspired? Together, in small, supportive groups, we will travel through sacred circles of love, wisdom and power to create this intention!
To see full details for the retreat: April Day Retreat Schedule
Meet the Spiritual Teachers
Deb Bradt, RYT, is a Yoga Teacher, Reiki Master & Intuitive Healer with over 16 years experience in the Healing Arts. She has made it her mission to inspire others to connect to that deep place within from which true healing & joy can emerge.
Kathleen Calby brings 15 years of concentration with musical tones, her ensemble of gem crystal bowls and Himalayan singing bowls to this healing discovery of sound with you.
Nancy Nicholas, Nancy Nicholas, Intuitive Life Coach, has 14 years experience as a spiritual teacher, Reiki Master, and intuitive healer. She uses her intuitive abilities, energy sensitivity, and life coach training to empower you to create a life you love!
Program fee: $75 or $65 each when you register with a friend
Use the PayPal button below to register for this event. You will have the option to use a credit card or checking account if you don’t have a PayPal account. Registration ends 4/18. Please note: By participating in this event, you are agreeing to the terms in this INFORMED CONSENT document.
Individual Registration: $75 – Individual
Registering with a Friend (please include your friend’s name in the comment’s section so we put you in the same group): $65 – With a Friend
Questions?: Email Nancy@EmpoweringLightworkers.com or call 330-416-6184
To learn more about the event location: Conversations & Company
For a printable PDF flyer of this event: Sacred Circles Spring Retreat Flyer
I love this place! It is one of my favorite spots to walk because it feels so magical. I hope you find connecting with it brings you to a sense of wonder and joy about the path ahead. Life is good! Claim that it is so, and allow your birthright of joy to unfold.
How to Work with the Image
1. Take a moment to center yourself. Close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly three times. Let your exhale be longer than your inhale.
2. Open your eyes and focus on the image. Ask your Spiritual Support Team to help you come into harmonic resonance with the image and to receive the amount of energy from the essence of the place for your highest and best good.
3. Use your imagination to put yourself in the photo. Use all your senses to interact with what is shown. What do you feel, see, hear, smell, taste and touch as you connect?
4. Ask for Divine guidance on how you can incorporate the gifts from this essence into your own life and situation. Allow yourself to feel the love and support flowing to you and through you from the Earth and the Divine.
5. Repeat the affirmation (see caption) as you breathe in and out slowly.
6. Be open to any additional thoughts, sounds, smells, or images that come to you as you are working with the photo. Consider these as messages to support you on your path. Ask what these impressions mean to you. What do they make you think or feel?
7. Continue to recall the image throughout the day when you wish to bring in the energy it provides.
8. Express your gratitude for the gifts given to you through the experience.
Have a beautiful day!