Author Archives: Nancy Nicholas-Intuitive Life Coach
Those of you who have worked with me know that I often talk about the Triple Warmer Meridian. This is one of the energy lines of the body that regulates our fight or flight response. It serves as the inner warrior that is always watching out for danger and prepared to call in the troops should a challenge arise.
In the days of our ancestors, most of the threats we faced came in the form of physical attacks. Should such a physical challenge arise, the triple warmer system would release the hormones and prepare the body for a big physical exertion, either to run or fight. These days, most of our threats are emotional or are of things that aren’t happening directly to us. This means that our inner warrior is running around trying to protect us when there is nothing to fight and no where to run! When this happens, we are essentially putting a cap on a volcano. All that has been geared up gets no outlet and virtually implodes inside of us.
This last week, the Triple Warmer went off the charts for a lot of people. I had more calls about people feeling suicidal or having huge blowups with loved ones then I think I have ever had at one time. So what happened?
Take a look at what has been going on lately. There has been one natural or man-made disaster after another. We are bombarded with tales of suffering, political upheaval, and unfolding disaster daily. Then add in our normal everyday challenges and you have a recipe for Triple Warmer Overload! When that happens, our ability to reason or be objective goes out the window. It makes us feel that everything is out of control and we are in terrible danger. This often leads to frustration with loved ones because we are looking to them to help us feel safe again, when often they are in the midst of fear themselves.
So what can we do about this? Below are some suggestions to help step out of the state of high alert, so we can get back to inner stability and peace. From this place, we are much better able to help others, without crashing and burning ourselves.
1. Breathe – There are two ways to clear the hormones that cause the fight or flight response and deep, slow breaths are one of them. When we are afraid, we start to breathe very shallow and quick. Consciously focus on expanding your lungs to their full capacity, pause, and then do a long, slow exhale from the mouth. Even a few deep breaths can settle your system.
2. Move – When the Triple Warmer gets out of whack, we are often in situations where we can’t move, yet moving is the second way we can clear the hormones that are causing the fight or flight response. If you are in a car, try doing some simple exercises. Grip the steering wheel and hold for 30 seconds and then relax your grip for 30 seconds. Tighten and release different muscle groups. Use one hand to do tapping (emotional freedom technique). If you are somewhere you can move, do some push ups, go for a walk, do some yoga or any exercise that keeps you moving.
3. Laugh – Laughter can quickly calm your system, yet when we are afraid it is often difficult to find anything funny. One thing I have found helpful is to keep repeating “I laugh, I laugh, I laugh” over and over to myself. Even just saying that seems to shift my energy and helps me relax. If you can find something funny to watch or remember something that happened that was really funny, that is even better!
4. Stay Close to the Earth – Nature is our number one ally for keeping our nervous system balanced. When we are out with trees and plants in natural places, our nervous system begins to sync with the vibration of the natural world. This is our optional vibration as well and can provide deep healing. Sitting on the ground, walking barefoot, leaning against a tree are all easy ways to get out of fight or flight. A good metaphor to think of is about being out in a storm. If the wind is blowing fiercely, you don’t want to be up in the tree! You are much safer staying close to the earth. Right now, we need to stay grounded to keep from losing our balance. A daily walk in nature is a great way to take good care of yourself.
5. Be present – It is wonderful how we are able to be connected with people all over the world, but it is also part of the reason we get overloaded sometimes. While we can have great compassion for the suffering of others, we can’t carry their challenges or solve them. For example, those of us in Ohio aren’t able to be helping to fight fires in California right now. We aren’t there and there is no fire to fight where we are. That is why being mindful of what you are exposing yourself too through the media is an important step to calming the Triple Warmer. Imagine you have a young child inside you that is scared. The last thing you would do is start telling them about all the dangerous things that could happen to them! We need to do the same for ourselves. Be present where you are and see where you are as safe and affirm that all is well. Fill yourself with peace. Ask the Angels to help where you aren’t able to and then come back to what is present for you in this moment.
6. Energy Techniques – There are many great energy techniques out there that can help to settle your nervous system and calm the Triple Warmer. You can have a session with a practitioner of reflexology, polarity therapy, Reiki, Jin Shin Jyutsu, BodyTalk, massage, or Cranial Sacral Therapy, just to mention a few. All of these techniques can be very helpful to settle your system. There is also a technique called Energy Medicine created by Donna Eden. I am a huge fan of this system, as it offers many simple things you can do on your own. Below is a link to a You Tube video sharing some of the best ways to calm the Triple Warmer Meridian:
For a list of my favorite practitioners, visit the Gratitude Directory on my sister site: Spirit Earth
I’m also happy to help with an empowerment reading or energy session!
I hope this helps you to find some peace during this time of transformation.
As chaos seems to rain down on our world, it is easy to get caught in fear. More than ever, we need to be warriors of light and refuse to relinquish our right to create a loving and peaceful world. So how do we do this?
We can only do it by working from the inside out. When you are confronted by something in your outer world that frightens you or angers you, a good policy is to check within. One of the techniques shared during my shamanic training was to ask “Is this upsetting me greater than a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale (10 is the highest)?” If the answer is “yes,” then you are dealing with something that is really about you.
Of course, you may ask yourself how does this work with world disasters such as hurricanes, floods, and mass shootings? How can those be about me? There are many ways we can look at this, but for the purpose of this post, I am most interested in how we can work with these experiences to empower ourselves and thus empower others. To do this, I feel that all these outer world experiences are things that we have chosen at a soul level to be part of the movie we are currently starring in. If we included these types of things in our story, the question becomes why? What do these events kick up for you? Do they make you feel angry or sad or victimized? Do you feel powerless or motivated to help others? How we view these events and how we react to them says a lot about what we are trying to learn within ourselves.
For instance, many of us can easily fall into the victim icon right now. There is a feeling of futility when we look at what is happening in the outer world and a sense of hopelessness can creep in. It is in those moments when we have an opportunity to step out of victim and into a place of power. We can affirm what we wish to see and experience in our world. We can invoke our Angels and Spirit Guides, asking them to show us what we need to learn and to help create our intentions in our world. We can shift to gratitude and focus on where love is ruling instead of fear. All of this takes discipline and sometimes it is difficult to have that discipline. But what other option do we have? Continuing to collapse into victimization creates more fear. We are here now in this incarnation having this experience. We can learn what this is teaching. We can stop being passive and allowing the world to happen to us and start consciously creating what we want to experience instead.
As someone who has a highly sensitive nervous system, I have spent a lot of time dealing with environments that were uncomfortable for me. I believed that I had to adapt myself to whatever the energetic space was like and often that wasn’t very easy. Sometimes, my health suffered as a result. I have learned, though, that we are not at the mercy of our environment. We are able to work with energy concepts and different tools to set up our personal energy system and adjust the energy set up in the places we are in to create a more harmonious experience. I am excited to teach these very necessary and important skills in the Create Your Sacred Space Workshops coming up in October!
About the Arizona Workshop 10/21 (1- 4 PM Peoria, AZ)
The workshop in AZ will also include guidance using Feng Shui concepts from my co-teacher, Barb Hribar (Life Coach, Feng Shui Consultant and Spiritual Teacher). Otherwise, the workshops in the two states will be the same. If you are interested in the AZ workshop, please use the contact form below and I will send you the full details.
Creating Sacred Space Workshop
Albert Einstein taught that we are all made up of energy, yet we often overlook the energetic system and the opportunities working with it offers for improving our experiences and growing our spiritual gifts.
For this workshop, Intuitive Life Coach Nancy Nicholas will teach you…
- How to work with your Angels and Spirit Guides to create sacred space
- How to set up your energy field so that wherever you are you are comfortable and empowered
- How to use crystals, plants and other tools to set up energy fields in your home and workplace
- How to attune a crystal for your personal use
When: Sunday 10/8 from 1-4:00PM
Where: Akron, OH
Love Exchange: $75/person or $65/person when you register with a friend (Price includes instruction, light refreshments and a Create Your Sacred Space Starter Toolkit. Additional support items will also be available for separate purchase at the event.)
How to Register: Space is limited to EIGHT participants.Use the contact form below to register.
About Nancy Nicholas
Nancy Nicholas is an Intuitive Life Coach, Author, Reiki Master, Intuitive, and Spiritual Teacher. She uses her intuitive gifts and practical coaching skills to empower her clients to nurture themselves, grow their spiritual gifts, and live their life purpose. Nancy offers empowerment readings, workshops, and spiritual mentoring. You can learn more about Nancy at her website: EmpoweringLightworkers.com
I had a wonderful time with those who attended the Spiritual Toolkit workshop yesterday! It was great to see you all and to meet some wonderful new friends! I’m going to be having one more event this month on Friday September 22, 2017 to celebrate the Fall Equinox. I’ve made a slight adjustment from what I shared earlier in the month – it will be a two hour event, instead of a three hour event. There are TWO spots left. See below for details:
Fall Equinox Gathering
About the Gathering – For this event, we will be working with a Native American Fire Ceremony that focuses on forgiveness, releasing, and creating what we wish to bring in for a joyful season ahead. We will also be connecting with an earth energy center (kidney meridian vortex) on the property which will bring in energies that help clear fear and increase courage. Reiki Master Neil Kopchak will also be sharing his healing gifts through a mini Reiki balancing for each participant to provide additional support and I’ll be sharing intuitive insights as well.
Where – Hinckley, OH
When – Friday 9/22 from 6-8 PM
Love Exchange – $50/person
How to Register – Space is limited (we have TWO spots left), so please use the contact form below to sign up. I will send you a PayPal link to complete your registration if space is still available.
Sending love your way!
The eclipse energies from August created big shifts that may just be coming clear now. The image I saw about this was of the earth getting shaken, so that the sand shifted revealing an old, rusty structure. The message that came through was that we have been standing on ground that holds some outmoded patterns that are now ready to be cleared out. This can feel pretty intense. Imagine what it feels like to be standing on a sandy beach and suddenly have all the sand move to reveal you are standing on a rusty piece of metal! There may be confusion, as it isn’t always easy to figure out what the pattern is connected to. It is a good shift though, as sand is not the most stable of substances. We are clearing away to make more space for the authentic self to shine through! To support the process, listen to what your heart says. Take good care of yourself and get some help sorting through the debris if you need to! I also did a recording for September to get some guidance on the best way to work with the energies this month. A call for gentleness and patience seems to be in order. You can listen the recording here (about 13 minutes long): September 2017 Monthly Inspiration
September Opportunities to Connect
Ohio Spiritual Toolkit Workshop 9/10 – This event is full! Excited to see those of you who signed up next week!
Ohio Fall Equinox Gathering 9/22 6-9 PM – Join us in Hinckley, OH for a chance to gather and honor the changing of the seasons and receive spiritual guidance for the season ahead. We will be connecting with an energy center of Mother Earth connected to the kidney meridian to help us support the process of releasing the old structures (the rusty metal I mentioned above). Reiki Master Neil Kopchak will also be joining us to share gentle Reiki balancing while we work with the kidney meridian energies. We will finish with a sacred fire ceremony where we will be releasing any resentment and embracing forgiveness, as well as setting clear intentions for what we wish to manifest going forward. Love Exchange: $75/person or $65/person when you register with a friend.
Totem Pole Readings 20% off ($80 instead of $100) – In the spring, we started using this type of reading to help people connect with the archetypal energies that are going to be most helpful for them in this new nine-year cycle. It is incredibly powerful and a much-needed tool, as we navigate this transformational time. The reading was created by Ted Andrews and shared in the book Animal Totem Tarot by Leeza Robertson. Why I love this reading so much is because it helps you understand what is going on at your soil and with each of the chakra areas, so that you can work with the energies that will help you thrive, and avoid approaches that may no longer be appropriate for you. Readings are approximately an hour and will include: Identification of the animal allies and major arcana/archetypes that will be active for you, interpretation of how you can work with these energies, and an understanding of the overall theme you will be working with for this new cycle. You can use the contact form below to schedule! Sessions can be done in person (Ohio only) or by phone.
Crossroads Coaching Scholarship Fund
Thank you to those who generously sent love offerings since I have started this Fund! I have been able to help several people who really needed to work with me, but didn’t have the resources available to do so, while still meeting my own financial needs. I have had two recommendations for people who could use Scholarship support. One is a long-time elderly caregiver who is going through financial hardship and another is a mom of a child with Down syndrome. If you would like to help me help them, you can make a love offering at the link below.
Thank You Gift – This month’s gift recording takes you through my experience in the Black Hills area of South Dakota out on the prairie at sunrise on the morning of the Eclipse. It was an incredibly powerful experience that I am excited to share with all of you! You will be sent the link for the gift recording when you make a love offering of any amount.
To make a love offering: Scholarship Fund
How To Register
To sign up for the Fall Equinox event or to request a Totem Pole reading, use the contact form below:
I’m in Minnesota right now enjoying the magic of Superior National Forest and the Boundary Waters! This peaceful place is reminding me of the importance of recharging. August was a very intense month on many levels. I hope you get a chance to relax and reset this last week of August. If you want some help, empowerment readings are 20% off through the end of this week! 🙂 Or come join me and my colleague and friend, Colleen McDermott Vitko, for a Spiritual Toolkit Workshop when I return to Ohio. See below for details...
Ohio Spiritual Toolkit Workshop
When: Sunday 9/10 from 1 – 4 PM
Where: Hinckley, OH
What to Expect: As sensitive, spiritual beings living in a time of great change, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the world around us. This workshop will teach you techniques and offer tools to keep you out of anxiety, depression and imbalance and to connect you more deeply with your Spiritual Support Team of Angels and Spirit Guides.
Workshop Will Include…
- Sharing of spiritual tools and techniques to empower you
- Mini-Reading with Nancy
- Mini-Chakra Balancing Reflexology treatment with Colleen
- Starter Spiritual Toolkit – goodies to get you started such as a personally harvested sage bundle, a quartz crystal from the prairies of the Black Hills, epsom salt bath sampler, two essential oil samples, and special offers for local holistic providers
Love Exchange: $75/person or $65/person when you register with a friend. We have one spot left, but if you want to come with a friend, we will squeeze you both in!
How to Register: Use the contact form below to sign up. You can also use the form if you would like to schedule an empowerment reading by phone and take advantage of the 20% off August special ($40/30 minutes, $80/hour): Empowerment Readings
Sending love your way!
I am excited to be coming back to Ohio soon! I’ve had a wonderful time out west and still have a few more stops before returning home. For those in Minnesota, I’m offering some in-person empowerment readings at a special rate (20% off for a 30 or 60 minute reading) at the Salus North Office in Minneapolis, Minnesota on 8/25, 8/26, and 8/27. Use the contact form at the bottom of the post/email to schedule a time if you are in the area!
Below is the information about the Ohio Spiritual Toolkit Workshop. I have been making sage bundles to share as part of the starter kit for the workshop. I’m also looking forward to partnering with my good friend and colleague, Colleen McDermott Vitko, who will be sharing her healing gifts through mini chakra balancing reflexology sessions and also will have some wonderful essential oils to share. See below for full details on the event!
Fall Spiritual Toolkit Workshop
One of the most important things we can do to support ourselves on a spiritual path is to gather resources (both people and tools) that nurture and empower us. So often, those who are sensitive souls end up with debilitating issues such as anxiety, depression or chronic illness. Having the right collection of tools and a team of practitioners to support you can turn sensitivity from a curse into a gift. This workshop will provide you with the opportunity to try out a variety of my favorite tools and provide insight into the best spiritual toolkit for you for the Fall Season ahead. See below to learn more…
When – Sunday September 10, 2017 1 – 4 PM
Where – Hinckley, OH
What to Expect
- Spiritual Empowerment Reading Circle – Receive a mini-reading with Nancy to get guidance from your Team on the best spiritual tools for your fall season and a message from your Team of Angels and Spirit Guides
- 10 Minute Chakra Balancing Reflexology Session with Colleen
- Spiritual Tools Exploration – Learn about my favorite spiritual tools – oracle cards, powerforms, crystals, mudras, essential oils, drum, books, and more!
- Coupons for special discounts or free sessions to work with local holistic practitioners – Reiki, Rune Readings, Massage, and Empowerment Readings
- Starter Toolkit – A few favorite tools to get your started with your own kit
- Light refreshments
Love Exchange – $75 or $65 when you register with a friend
How to Register
Use the contact form below…
Meet the Practitioners
Nancy Nicholas is an Intuitive Life Coach, Reiki Master, Shamanic Practitioner, Spiritual Teacher and author. She offers empowerment readings, workshops, and spiritual mentoring. To learn more, visit her website: EmpoweringLightworkers.com
Colleen McDermott Vitko is a licensed massage therapist, polarity therapist, reflexologist who practices in Medina, Ohio, You can learn more at her website: MedinaMassotherapy.com
For those who are on email, the August Empowerment Reading recording is only available on the website. You can also download it here: August 2017 Monthly Reading
Have a great day!
We are still out west enjoying all the incredible places the West has to offer! We have spent time in Grand Teton National Park, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park so far and we still have a few more stops ahead before we return to Ohio. This month’s recordings offer you a taste of the great energy out here! I hope you enjoy them!
August Special Offer – We are in the middle of two eclipses this month which is an incredible opportunity to shift our perceptions and release old beliefs, so we can make lasting change. To support you with this process, I’m offering 20% off on Empowerment Readings this month (30 minutes or longer). Use the contact form below to request your session (just indicate the length!).
August Empowerment Reading – I love to see what energies are coming for the month ahead! This month’s message is available below:
Crossroads Coaching Scholarship Fund – Free Gift Meditation from Gallatin National Forest in Montana!
This month, I recorded the gift for love offerings to the scholarship fund right on a river in Gallatin National Forest. This meditation will help you release old patterns and beliefs and help you connect with how to allow the love and support available to you to flow in! The meditation works with the river energy and invokes Angelic support to help you make the most of this powerful month! All love offerings to the scholarship fund is used to pay for life coaching sessions for someone who is in need (while allowing me to keep paying my bills instead of doing everything for free!). Last month, I was able to help several people who really needed my support because of the love offerings you shared. THANK YOU!!! I pray that the Angels will send you a thousandfold of that which you give.
You can make a love offering here and the gift recording will be sent to you: Scholarship Fund
Opportunities to Connect
In-person Empowerment Readings in Minneapolis, Minnesota (8/25-8/27) – Special offer rates apply (20% off 30 minute session or longer)
Phone Sessions – 20% off on Empowerment Readings (30 minutes or longer)
Weekly Readings are sent out on my free MailChimp email list – You can sign up for free on my website
If you are interested in any of the above offerings, you can use the contact below:
Sending love and light to you all!